IMPORTANT MATTERS YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN MAKING A CLAIM
- Within 7 days of the date of accident/loss if you are not physically disabled or hospitalized following the event.
- Within 30 days or as soon as practicable if you are physically disabled or hospitalized as a result of the event.
- Betterment – a fraction of repair charges to be borne by you if your vehicle is more than 5 years old and new franchise parts are used in the repairs.
- Amount of Excess imposed on the policy.
- Endorsement 2(f) (private cars only) – An additional RM400.00 if at the time of the accident your vehicle was driven by a person:
- who was not named in the policy as a driver
- who was below 21 years of age
- who has less than 2 years driving experience (holder of Probationary Driving Licence)
- Average clause – you will bear a rateable proportion of the repair cost if your vehicle is insured at 10% or more below the market value.
In the most unfortunate event that your vehicle is stolen and if you have a comprehensive or a Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance cover, you can make a claim for the loss of your vehicle by observing the timeline stated above and submitting the documentary requirement.
What To Do when your vehicle is stolen:
- The vehicle custodian must made a police report upon discovery of the loss immediately and no more than 24 hours upon discovery.
- Do not wait for the police to complete their investigation, proceed to contact us at our help line no: 1800-88-2121 (Press 4) to inform us of the loss.
- You may also visit us or any of our Branch Offices or contact us via telephone/fax/email us at email@example.com or log on to our website at www.pacific-orient.com.
- Submit to us the required documents.